Skip to main content

How I MADE Money by SHOPPING

Hello Blog Readers!

I wanted to let you in on some of the 'secrets' that I use to make money from shopping. Here we go...

1. Shopkicks- I earned over $50 in gift cards using this app. That may not seem like much to you, but I got the gift cards without even spending a sent! CRAZY?!? Here is how it works.

You get "Kicks" for different tasks. The kicks then turn into gift cards. 100 kicks= $1

Shopkicks gives you 'kicks' for 4 different things.
A.) Walk-ins- You get 'kicks' for walking into different stores like Target, Wal-Mart, Carters, Macys, Best Buy to name a few. Normally it is anywhere between 25-50 kicks for walk-ins, but some days they give 100 for walk-ins. That is money in your pocket just for walking into the store.

B.) Scans-  I LOVE THIS PART! I really am not exagerating when I say how much I love doing the scans. It is like a scavenger hunt through the store to find certain products and scan the barcodes. You get anywhere between 10 to 200 kicks for items. That may not seem like a lot, but it adds up. I like to think that I am getting paid to roam the aisles at Target just for fun.

C.) Receipts- There are certain products that if you buy, you can scan your receipt and they will give you kicks back. I have seen items get anywhere between 100 to 500 kicks.

D.) Purchases- This is different than receipts. Some stores have where you get 1 or 2 kicks for every dollar spent. At some of these stores, you just have the cashier scan a barcode and it automatically gives you kicks. There are some stores that you have to link your credit card to and it will add the kicks to your account.

When you get enough 'kicks' you can trade them in for a gift card. The gift cards are for places that you will actually use!! Target, Wal-Mart, Gamestop, Papa John's, etc

So if you know me, you know that I have depression. When I was pregnant, I asked my doctor for her suggestions to avoid postpartum depression. She told me that the biggest thing was to get out of the house. Well, when it is cold outside, I didn't want to go on walks. So I would go walk at stores with my baby. I didn't buy anything, I just walked. Shopkicks helped me have a 'purpose' in going to the stores. I was going to get out of the house anyway, so why not walk around the mall and collect all the kicks there. I was going to the store anyway, why not get the kicks for scanning the laundry detergent.

SECRET: You can get coupons on Shopkick too!! It is only for certain stores, but if you look at the store under deals and sales sometimes there are extra deals on items! (We got Gariet's shoes 30% off this way at Macy's).

Here is a link to join: https://app.shopkick.com/r/E2mCh


2. ibotta-
This app is one that gives you money (real money) for buying certain items. I have gotten over $40 from this app for buying things that I already intended to buy.

In the app, you select the store that you are going to. Then it will tell you what items you can get money back for and you select the items that you intend to buy. At the end of the shopping trip, you just scan your reciept and items and get the money into an account. When you get over $20, you can "withdraw" the money using Paypal or Venmo, or you can get gift cards instead.

Two websites that I use will tell me when there is an especially good deal on ibotta either by itself or using a coupon. It helps to know where the good deals are at. They are:
http://www.allthingstarget.com/
http://thekrazycouponlady.com/

SECRET: One of my favorite rebates to use is at Joann's. You get $5 back when you spend over $25. When I have a project that I am planning to do, I will use a coupon plus the rebate and save a bunch of money!!

Here is a link to join: https://ibotta.com/r/joknrfg (Join now and get a $10 rebate!)

3. Checkout 51- This is an app that I am just getting into right now. You get money back for buying groceries. You can request a check when you get an account balance of $20. The reason I started using this app is because of the Krazy Coupon Lady. A lot of their "Money Makers" use both ibotta and Checkout 51. You get money back on both that will exceed the amount you spent for it in the first place. Seems pretty cool to me!



So...the purpose of this blog is to let you all in on the secrets to making money while shopping. You are not going to get rich off of this at all, but who complains about a little extra cash? :)

-Come what may and love it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answered Prayers

To those of you who heard my testimony today, I apologize that I am repeating myself. This is an experience I just needed to write down for myself. Let's rewind to Monday night. I hadn't been feeling all that great. I had only gotten 3 hours of sleep the night before. I just was ready to go to bed. I told myself that I would come home from FHE and go to sleep. I was in my pajamas by 8:30- crazy for a college student, right? One of my friends dropped in for a visit. After she left, I had one of those moments where I just felt completely alone. I went to my room and prayed when a few simple words came to my mind. "Heavenly Father, Are you really there? And do you hear and answer every child's prayer?" These two lines from the children's primary song were stuck in my mind. In the moment, it is easy to doubt that Heavenly Father answers our prayers. How can He really hear every single prayer around the world? How can He answer every single one? It just

Becoming Myself: A Year in the Making

I have never really had the opportunity to be myself. I have always felt the need to hide who I really am because of those around me. The first time I remember doing this was in third grade. My third grade teacher was strict. This is much more than just the normal "mean teacher"- she would threaten to hang us by our toenails in the corner if we did not behave. Before third grade, I was very outgoing, but I lost that because of fear. It just went deeper and deeper as the years went on. My freshman year of college, I told myself that I was going to start new. I tried to be myself, but it was really hard. Then with roommate issues, I turned back into my shell. I hid who I was. The next year, I moved in with the"friends" that I had made Freshman year. 4 girls who I thought I could trust through everything. Things happened and by the time winter semester came, my two best friends moved out to go on missions and the other two girls who I had known since Freshman year

Our Story (Part 2)

Our Story:  Starting Our Relationship Part 2 of 2 Kindred Dead Show (1 month into dating) Our story was a little different than most, but I love it that way. I left off where we were just friends. When I say that we were just friends, I completely mean it. I didn't have feelings for him, he didn't have feelings for me. We both had moved on to other people. Life continued to move forward. As I said before, Gariet helped me through one of my hardest times with depression. He helped me when I just needed a friend. I needed him more as a friend than anything else. Meeting Gariet's Family We both went home for winter break. Gariet knew that I was worried about this because of everything that I was going through at that time. He stood by me, even though he forgot his phone in Utah. He would send me Facebook messages, iMessages, and called me on Skype. I started to realize that I still had feelings for this crazy boy. I kept denying it. I couldn't like