Skip to main content

Birthday Testimony-21 years!

In my 21 years of being a part of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints I have learned a thing or two. I have gained a testimony of my own as I have grown through the years. Last year on my birthday, I wrote down 20 things that I had a testimony of. I thought it might be fun to do this again this year with 21 things. This year, I decided to find a quote or a scripture for each part. This is more for my own learning and growth, but please enjoy:

1. Heavenly Father knows us. He loves us more than we can comprehend. He is watching out for us even when we feel like there is no one there.
"Just think of it: You are known and remembered by the most majestic, powerful, and glorious Being in the universe! You are loved by the King of infinite space and everlasting time! He who created and knows the stars knows you and your name."-Dieter F. Uchtorf
2. Heavenly Father answers prayers. Sometimes He does not answer them in the way that we want or the way that we expect, but He always does answer them.
"Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever. Counsel with the Lord in all they doings, and he will direct thee for good..." -Alma 37:36-37
3. Jesus Christ is our Savior. He suffered for not only our sins, but every burden that we have to bear in this life. We can lean on His atonement through everything.
"And he cometh into the world that he may save all men if they will hearken unto his voice; for behold he suffereth the pains of all men, yea, the pains of every living creature, both men, women, and child, who belong to the family of Adam."-2 Nephi 9:21
4. Jesus Christ lives- He did die and was resurrected.
"I know that my Redeemer lives. What comfort this sweet sentence gives! He lives, He lives who once was dead. He lives my ever living Head." -Hymn 136
5. The Holy Ghost really does dwell with us when we allow it to. He allows us to hear Heavenly Father's voice when we are open to it.
"And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things." -Moroni 10:5
6. The Book of Mormon is true. It has been a wonderful guide in my life to better understand Jesus Christ and the power of our Heavenly Father.
 "The Book of Mormon [is] the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book." - Joseph Smith
7.  Joseph Smith is a prophet. He really did see Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. He did translate the Book of Mormon.
"I give you my testimony of him. He was the ordained servant of God, this Joseph, raised up to become the mighty prophet of this dispensation-'a seer, a translator, a prophet, an apostle of Jesus Christ.'"-Gordon B. Hinckley
8. Thomas S. Monson is a prophet just like those called in days of old.
"How thankful we ought to be, how thankful we are, for a prophet to counsel us in words of divine wisdom as we walk our paths in these complex and difficult times. The solid assurance we carry in our hearts, the conviction that God will make His will known to His children through His recognized servants, is the real basis of our faith and activity. We either have a prophet or we have nothing; and having a prophet, we have everything." -Gordon B. Hinckley
9. All of the Apostles and Prophets that are called of God do speak His words.
"And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone." -Ephesians 2:20
10. We can repent of our sins through Jesus Christ's atonement.
"Just as chalk can be removed from a blackboard, with sincere repentance the effects of our transgression can be erased through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. That promise applies in every case." -Boyd K. Packer
11. The Bible also testifies of Jesus Christ.
"It is a miracle that we have the Bible's powerful doctrine, principles, poetry, and stories. But most of all, it is a wonderful miracle that we have the account of the life, ministry, and words of Jesus, which was protected through the Dark Ages and through the conflicts of countless generations so that we may have it today." -M. Russell Ballard
12. The Gospel is true. The principles taught in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints was given to us by God.
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto the salvation to every one that believeth.." -Romans 1:16
13. We are made in God's image.
 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." -Genesis 1:27
14. There is a life after death.
"The aging process is also a gift from God, as is death. The eventual death of your mortal body is essential to God's great plan of happiness. Why? Because death will allow your spirit to return home to Him." -Russell M. Nelson
15. Jesus Christ will come again. And what a glorious day that will be!
"...this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven." -Acts 1:11
16. Men today can hold the Priesthood and exercise God's power if they are worthy.
"The priesthood is the power and authority of God given for the salvation and blessing of all--men, women, and children." -Neil L. Andersen
17. Heavenly Father has a plan for us.
"God's commandments are based on and inseparable from God's plan for His children. This plan...explains our origin and destiny as children of God--where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going." -Dallin H. Oaks
18. Times do get rough, but things will get better. We are never alone in our trials.
"You will one day stand aside and look at your difficult times, and you will realize that He was always there beside you." -Thomas S. Monson.
19. It is okay to not be perfect.
"Our journey toward perfection is long, but we can find wonder and delight in even the tiniest steps in that journey." -Dieter F. Uchtdorf
20. Families can be together forever.
"Through making and keeping the sacred covenants found in the temple ordinances, individuals can return to the presence of God and will be reunited with their families eternally." -Robert D. Hales
21. I am a daughter of a Heavenly Father. We are all His children.
"Are we not all children of God? In truth, not one of us can ever stop being a child of God!" -Russell M. Nelson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answered Prayers

To those of you who heard my testimony today, I apologize that I am repeating myself. This is an experience I just needed to write down for myself. Let's rewind to Monday night. I hadn't been feeling all that great. I had only gotten 3 hours of sleep the night before. I just was ready to go to bed. I told myself that I would come home from FHE and go to sleep. I was in my pajamas by 8:30- crazy for a college student, right? One of my friends dropped in for a visit. After she left, I had one of those moments where I just felt completely alone. I went to my room and prayed when a few simple words came to my mind. "Heavenly Father, Are you really there? And do you hear and answer every child's prayer?" These two lines from the children's primary song were stuck in my mind. In the moment, it is easy to doubt that Heavenly Father answers our prayers. How can He really hear every single prayer around the world? How can He answer every single one? It just

Becoming Myself: A Year in the Making

I have never really had the opportunity to be myself. I have always felt the need to hide who I really am because of those around me. The first time I remember doing this was in third grade. My third grade teacher was strict. This is much more than just the normal "mean teacher"- she would threaten to hang us by our toenails in the corner if we did not behave. Before third grade, I was very outgoing, but I lost that because of fear. It just went deeper and deeper as the years went on. My freshman year of college, I told myself that I was going to start new. I tried to be myself, but it was really hard. Then with roommate issues, I turned back into my shell. I hid who I was. The next year, I moved in with the"friends" that I had made Freshman year. 4 girls who I thought I could trust through everything. Things happened and by the time winter semester came, my two best friends moved out to go on missions and the other two girls who I had known since Freshman year

Our Story (Part 2)

Our Story:  Starting Our Relationship Part 2 of 2 Kindred Dead Show (1 month into dating) Our story was a little different than most, but I love it that way. I left off where we were just friends. When I say that we were just friends, I completely mean it. I didn't have feelings for him, he didn't have feelings for me. We both had moved on to other people. Life continued to move forward. As I said before, Gariet helped me through one of my hardest times with depression. He helped me when I just needed a friend. I needed him more as a friend than anything else. Meeting Gariet's Family We both went home for winter break. Gariet knew that I was worried about this because of everything that I was going through at that time. He stood by me, even though he forgot his phone in Utah. He would send me Facebook messages, iMessages, and called me on Skype. I started to realize that I still had feelings for this crazy boy. I kept denying it. I couldn't like