Skip to main content

Life as we know it...

Okay people. Brace yourselves for a really long blog post about my life. It has been way too long since I have blogged and I have the burning desire to get it all out!
*NOTE: There are grammar and spelling errors. I know. Get over it.

Life is good. That is the first time I have been able to say this and mean it in a long time. This last year has been one of the hardest ones for me, but at last I am in a spot where I feel good again. I still have sorrows and trials. Life is still not perfect, but it is good. I have friends. Isn't that a good thing to have? I have a better relationship with my Heavenly Father- also a wonderful thing to have!

So I moved. I forget if I already blogged about this, but if I have then you will have to bear with me. I moved from a situation that was not the best into one of the best places I have ever been. Can I just say that my ward is the best ward in the world? Seriously though! I love it. If you are in my ward and reading this, then this is a shout out to you!

Heavenly Father really does answer prayers. I have two of the sweetest roommates. They seriously are the best. It is not like we are all best friends, but I know they have my back and I have theirs. It is a wonderful feeling! I love coming home and being able to talk about boy drama with people that can at least pretend they want to hear about it.

As I am talking about prayers, want to reiterate the fact that God does answer our prayers. This last week I have had so many great experiences and have grown even closer to my Heavenly Father. I want to write down how some of my prayers have been answered for my own personal use, but if you care to read them then there is nothing stopping you.

1.) I pray for service. I got an opportunity to serve. It wasn't anything big, but I helped someone who was going through a really hard time and I hope it made a difference in her life. I know it made a difference in mine.
2.) I pray for peace. This is going to be a long one. I had been feeling really stressed out over different things going on in my life. I prayed to have some peace in it. This last week, I went to the temple with my ward. There was a sweet spirit there who was deaf and had some other disabilities as well. She was the greatest person. She ended up sitting next to me as I sat in the long line at the Provo Temple to do baptisms. We ended up talking (or at least communicating). By the end we were just holding each other and expressing our gratitude for our Heavenly Father. This may sound like a weird answer to a prayer for peace, but it gave me the strength I needed to get through the week. I am so glad that I met this woman and hope to see her again at the temple.
3.) I pray for health. Not my own. For those that don't know- my grandpa has been going through some health issues. I have a wonderful relationship with him and cannot even imagine if anything were to happen to him. As he had to go get a blood transfusion this week and some more medical tests done, I prayed that he would be okay. We can come back to the peace thing. I don't know how much longer my grandpa is going to be with us. He is strong right now- don't get me wrong. He should live for a while, but every time he has a health problem I pray for him. When I pray for him, I ask my Heavenly Father that he will be okay. God tells me that IT will be okay. Everything works out the way it is suppose to and I am able to come to grips with the outcome.
4.) I pray for faith. This is something I have been trying to do a lot recently. I want to gain a stronger testimony. It is so wonderful how when you pray to know if something is true, you get an answer. I am so grateful for this! I also pray for others' faith as well. There are a couple people in my life who are struggling in this department. While none of them have come out and wanted to be baptized yet, I still believe that it helps to pray for others' faith to increase. With that, our own faith increases as well.
This is not a complete list of prayers that I have had recently, but it is a start.

I also want to express gratitude for my counsel. I am part of Missionary/Friendship counsel. I have gotten to know some amazing people and truly have seen miracles occur through this counsel.
As part of this counsel, we are in charge of Break the Fast and Ward Prayer. Heavenly Father truly knows what we need and puts us in the calling that is best for us. In my last ward, I was inactive to some of these 'extra' ward activities. I can honestly say that because of my calling, I feel an obligation to go to these things. It has made me feel more included in the ward and help me expand my calling.

Okay- so this blog post has gotten really long. If you are still reading, I commend you. This is going to be the last thing I talk about (I think).

I hate the game. Okay, I don't hate it. I actually kind of like it, but at the same time I hate it. The game is the dating ritual that they have here in Provo where they throw 100 single adults into a ward and instruct you to date to the death. It is like the Hunger Games, but with marriage being the prize. And I hate it.I have a strong dislike towards it. Okay, I am being a little dramatic, but it is true.  It is all about the luck- people! You win some, you lose some. You have to find person you like and hope they like you back. When they don't, you have to start over. And then you also get thrown other suitors who you are not interested in being more than friends. Life is complicated. The game is dumb. You would not believe how many conversations my roommate and I have had about arranged marriage, but seriously....can we go to that system? Please note the sarcasm. I really don't want that to be quite honest, but at times I think it would be easier than this game. Can I also say that it is dumb being the girl and having to wait for the guy to call you? Yes. That is all I have to say on the subject.

So that is my life. You have heard about my faith, my friends, and my guy problems. I hope that you are satisfied. I doubt anyone has read to this point, but this is mainly for me and my posterity. If you got some sort of message out of it, then good for you!
Have a wonderful night!
Come what may and love it! (Even if 'it' is the dating game).

Comments

  1. How did I not know you had a blog? I would have been faithfully reading it! I'm glad you have had a run of better luck lately and hope it continues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had a blog for about 2 years, but I have been horrible at blogging. This last week, I discovered that I love blogging! So hopefully there will actually be posts to read in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answered Prayers

To those of you who heard my testimony today, I apologize that I am repeating myself. This is an experience I just needed to write down for myself. Let's rewind to Monday night. I hadn't been feeling all that great. I had only gotten 3 hours of sleep the night before. I just was ready to go to bed. I told myself that I would come home from FHE and go to sleep. I was in my pajamas by 8:30- crazy for a college student, right? One of my friends dropped in for a visit. After she left, I had one of those moments where I just felt completely alone. I went to my room and prayed when a few simple words came to my mind. "Heavenly Father, Are you really there? And do you hear and answer every child's prayer?" These two lines from the children's primary song were stuck in my mind. In the moment, it is easy to doubt that Heavenly Father answers our prayers. How can He really hear every single prayer around the world? How can He answer every single one? It just

Becoming Myself: A Year in the Making

I have never really had the opportunity to be myself. I have always felt the need to hide who I really am because of those around me. The first time I remember doing this was in third grade. My third grade teacher was strict. This is much more than just the normal "mean teacher"- she would threaten to hang us by our toenails in the corner if we did not behave. Before third grade, I was very outgoing, but I lost that because of fear. It just went deeper and deeper as the years went on. My freshman year of college, I told myself that I was going to start new. I tried to be myself, but it was really hard. Then with roommate issues, I turned back into my shell. I hid who I was. The next year, I moved in with the"friends" that I had made Freshman year. 4 girls who I thought I could trust through everything. Things happened and by the time winter semester came, my two best friends moved out to go on missions and the other two girls who I had known since Freshman year

Our Story (Part 2)

Our Story:  Starting Our Relationship Part 2 of 2 Kindred Dead Show (1 month into dating) Our story was a little different than most, but I love it that way. I left off where we were just friends. When I say that we were just friends, I completely mean it. I didn't have feelings for him, he didn't have feelings for me. We both had moved on to other people. Life continued to move forward. As I said before, Gariet helped me through one of my hardest times with depression. He helped me when I just needed a friend. I needed him more as a friend than anything else. Meeting Gariet's Family We both went home for winter break. Gariet knew that I was worried about this because of everything that I was going through at that time. He stood by me, even though he forgot his phone in Utah. He would send me Facebook messages, iMessages, and called me on Skype. I started to realize that I still had feelings for this crazy boy. I kept denying it. I couldn't like